Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Falling Out

Never thought it would come to this. I thought this site would enhance a friendship and stimulate an already healthy debate cycle, or series of cycles, and that the friendship would continue to grow and grow even though we live in different states now. I think that maybe trying to debate over the internet hasn't worked out as it did when we would have a beer and discuss things face to face and I blame myself. I come off a little aristocratic I think and that is never a good combo and I don't blame you a bit for being put off. Anyway, I hoped to debate in an environment of love and acceptance, but I know greater men than I have accomplished much less, even with greater opportunitys and so I take a bit of pride away with me as I brainstorm a new project.

I always figured this blog would come down to a falling out, but I stand by my assertion that if you see a buddy compromizing himself, you call him on it. Thems the rules as we used to say, and you have called me on stuff before. I walk away from this with my head held high and I am sorry for a lot of the lies that I have posted on this site. I jus never thought the blog would end with a falling out. It is getting tiresome having to continually pick up the pieces of my life and still have that skip in my step that you all have grown to love

2 comments:

  1. Let me begin firstly by saying "I'm sorry" Tim. I didn't know you were allergic to egg salad and I never would have you the egg salad mold shaped like Genius if I had. Has the swelling gone down? I developed an allergy to Bicardi in my 20's that burdens me to this day so I know how you feel more than you do, trust me.

    As for the lapse in posting, I can only blame my inablility to sink to your level intellectually and emotionally. Dondra knows you didn't mean any of those things you said and her and I have made a beautiful wicker picture frame for you as a piece offering. I hope you will accept it with open hearts and brains.

    Let me also add that I want nothing more than to fence your brain once again as we've done for years. My saber is sharp, my wit barbed and ready to strike and, yes, defeat your brain. Soft brain tissue is no match for steel. You know that. Karna knows that. So without further ado, I humbly allow you to select the first resumptive Brain Fencing topic. Please, though, none of the childish, simple-minded topics your prone to picking. Let's do some "adult" fencing for once, OK?

    En garde!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thanks for writing and apology accepted and all that, but this is what I'm talking about when I say the Internet is not a suitable debating device. When I read that comment, one minute I'm up the next minute Im down. Some of the phrases had me reaching for the computers power cord. Other phrases gave me that old familiar feeling of friendship and a warm one at that. I think we need to make sure the other understands when a comment includes sarcasm or brevity. As of now, I still read your commends with my hand gripping the power cord because I am never sure what my eyes are about to see on here.

    ReplyDelete